Swipe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swipe Iphone Game Development Forum

3 posters

Level Design

Michael pw

Level Design Empty Level Design

Post  Michael pw Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:37 am

Basically, it is at the stage where we need to start making the levels.

I need more ideas for obstacles we can put in, please go ahead and post up some ideas as all we have at the moment is blocks, spikes, ramps and spikes.

i am going to add in lasers. but i also think we should have some other things too.

sorry dev has slowed this week, me and orange have made some progress on the infinite run however i will need to make a level editor for it.
    mike_aych

Level Design Empty Re: Level Design

Post  mike_aych Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 am

How about patches of different types of terrain, such as sand, ice, mug etc, that effect the speed the vehicle. The skill comes from putting obstacles after these patches, such as blocks and jumps, and the gamer will have to compensate for the alternative terrain when they plan their jump.

Also, walls with holes in that the gamer has to time/judge the power of the jump just right to get through. The holes can be at varying heights depending on how hard you want to make them to jump through!

Crushing things that the gamer will have to time the stroke forward. (speed up,) to get through.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:10 am

that's a pretty good idea!

we can have different ground types, it can be done by changing the friction on the floor based on block type.

btw, how long do you reckon each level should be?

i also forgot to ask, do you need an exe to test the game?
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:51 pm

i was on holiday but i still tried to get work done im sure we can push this week too. nice ideas guys.

so far working on different backdrop for different countries. doing lots of research as I have not traveled to any of these location during my lifetime. eeh. any way were getting there i think . mm also i created the exit and half point markeres but they came out really shitty im gonna call them concept and give it another whirl.

great music mike!
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:36 am

Noice, will be looking forward to getting some graphics!
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 am

Try creating levels that are 30 secs, one min, 1.5 mins, 2 mins etc, and see which one feels the right length.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:20 am

kk
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 am

I've had another idea for terrain type. Random Speed! Have patches that accelerate of decelerate the bike by random amounts! Or by predetermined amounts. Either way it'll add another element of skill to the game!
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:44 am

Another idea for gameplay.

Random Power-ups! A Power-Up box or sprite (or however you choose to represent power-ups in the game,) that randomly applies one of the power-ups to the character. Perhaps even create new ones for this concept, such as negative power-ups like constant boost, continual jumping, mix up the controls, (so a down swipe would be speed up, a forward swipe would be jump etc,) and so on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm