Swipe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swipe Iphone Game Development Forum

3 posters

Menu (..................)

Twisted-Liquid

Menu (..................) - Page 2 Empty Re: Menu (..................)

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:57 am

Ok i got a solid menu idea down and a background to go with it just need a bit of time to slap it together. i dont think i will programm it instead i will just show a visual sketch. and try to explain all the moving parts.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:24 am

ok im up for it!
    post up the designs when ur ready! i also posted up the first infinite run demo, u might want to try it out!

btw the only transition we have is a solid room change like (no transition)
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:28 am

right i kept that in mind and tried not to do any transitions at all but we may have to snap from one room to the other. I was thinking of droping the object and create new ones ontop but it seems a bit messy.

we could do a fake transition though if we use a 1 pixle white solid square the streches to the room size we could have that sqaure fade in before snapping to the next room. think thats doable?
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:29 am

creating objects is really hard as it requires unecessary code, if you look at my menu_myid update file that shows an effective solid transition method. it's used in both the iphone games released in gm so far and it looks decent.
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:32 am

not too worried about the transition anyway its not a big part of what i designed if anything at all. this design concentrates on the moving objects around the screen and dragging method we discussed very self explanitory, took me a while to get it down right! really hope it works.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 am

kk,
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Ok so i put it together but after carefully analyzing although it may be a lot clearer I dont think the size is edequate for the small screen size. I dont think its going to work after all. guess its back to the drawing board.
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:48 am

Unlucky man. Keep trying though!
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:57 am

it's a good idea, although first off i think it should just be left as tapping i seriously think this because ipod games are supposedly fast paced, dragging can be tedious and as there is no "hover over" on ipod they might not know what to do. yah the screen is a slight complication. one other thought is that the text for the boxes could say like Play next to them except not in a box. i have an idea based on this, it could work.

im half way through making the menu design i need to scale some things up and my pc is being annoying so i can't finish it for a bit.
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:58 am

YUP I AGREE IM WORKING UP A NEW CONCEPT THAT ONLY INVOLVES TAPPING IM STRAYING AWAY FROM THE MINORITY REPORT DEAL TOO BAD.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Here are my menu concepts, the lines connecting arn't right yet but it's a wip (these are just pictures) please tell me what you think of the idea. i tried removing masking the background and putting in one of swipes proper ones however that failed as i have additive blending turned on.

Menu (..................) - Page 2 Swipe_10
    Menu (..................) - Page 2 Enu_p210
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:50 pm

i JUST DROPPED ON IN TOO CHECK THAT OUT. I THINK BOTH OF THESE ARE SIMPLE ENOUGH BUT IF WE WERE TO DO YOURS I WOULD LIKE A LOT MORE ANIMATION TO GO INTO THE CREATION OF THE MENU BUTTONS, WITH MINE IT WILL NEED ROTATING WHEELS AND FLASHING BUTTONS. I COULD SEE EITHER ONE OF THIS WORKING.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:59 pm

ok, on mine i had the idea that when you tap the button it fades out and then lines fade in, i will animate it with code as it saves filespace, i can do flashes and fades easily. your concept is good however when you get objects to slide it's a little choppy, im looking into it, i personally think it looks better without any background :p but that's just my opinion.
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:51 am

Looks very nice! Any chance of altering the colour scheme to have a warmer feel?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm