Swipe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swipe Iphone Game Development Forum

3 posters

Sound FX list

Michael pw

Sound FX list Empty Sound FX list

Post  Michael pw Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Right, i messaged this dude called Mike Aych and he is going to be doing the Music and SoundFX he has read the basic concept off here and stuff and said he will have some music for us as a demo by next saturday.

Anyway he is also going to do SFX and he would like a list of sound effects we will need.
    Twisted-Liquid

Sound FX list Empty Re: Sound FX list

Post  Twisted-Liquid Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Excellent I will start developing a list of sound effects and music needed.

for starters the music needs to be made in a way where we can add a layer to it as the diffculty gets harder. I will explain in detail soon.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:39 pm

yeh i know what you mean, we can play more than one sound track at once. we can also tone it down if the level starts to smoothen out again.
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:03 am

iOS
    •A single MP3 or MIDI playback at a time for background music.
    ◦We will convert the MIDI to MP3 if need be, but this also means it might not sound exactly as expected due to the horrible way midi sound banks are set-up.
    •WAV support for sound effects.
    I think the MP3's will need to be layered as single soundtracks.

also has your sound engineer registered to the forums? I would like everyone to participate here if possible. Once your an official member of the team you can have access to the dropbox files. that goes for any member. The sfx list is ready i'll post this in the forums.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:43 am

Yeh i want him to, he has been on the forums and has read through the stuff but he said he would make an acc over the weekend as he was busy at that time.
    Twisted-Liquid

Sound FX list Empty Sound Effects Guide

Post  Twisted-Liquid Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I found a nice sound effect guide that teaches you to make certain sounds. I think between the three of us we can make all the SFX we need for the moment being.

http://www.epicsound.com/sfx/index.php
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:50 pm

wow i never realised how much practical was put into sound FX, i thought they were generated Razz

i knew some where recorded but others ;S
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:18 pm

I have taken the liberty of deleting all the previous attempts at sound effects I uploaded to the 'Swipe Sound Effects' folder, and have replaced them with new ones. As of now they are all WAV files, as per your request.

We are still missing the slow-mo related effects and the standard bike motor. Untill now I thought the best way to represent the slow-mo effect would be its own dedicated music, but now I think your original idea of slowing the music down would be better, so I shall crack on and get some slow-mo effects sorted!

Let me know if you want anything changed!
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:19 pm

thanks for those! im just loading them up now to listen to them Smile

will post my feedback in a min.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Those are brilliant!
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:19 am

Hey guys, I have uploaded a new, improved version of 'char-crash and burn a1.wav' Very Happy I have also realises we can save space if I mix the effects down as mono wavs instead of stereo wavs!

I have a few questions. When you guys play these audio files, are you able to you alter the volume?

&

I have also uploaded two alternative motor bike sounds, 'char-bike motor alt' 1 and 2. If you would let me know which one your prefer, I'll sort it out.

I hope you guys had a good christmas! Take it easy!

Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:10 am

thanks for all your great work Mike! ill edit this post in a bit once i listen to the sounds Smile
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:57 am

Hey guys, hope you all had a grand new years and behaved yourselves haha :p Here are some updates from my sound effects work:

I have uploaded a few more improved sound effects, including the slow motion effects.

I have created a new sound effect to be used with the firework/meteors that fall from the sky and explode on impact, as I saw in Dev. Video 4. It is called 'Stage-meteorite a0.wav'

I can't get a decent sounding 'Standard Speed motor' so I will try and create one using in my synthesis style. It won't sound like a real motor bike, so let me know if this will be a problem.

I imagine you're linking to the files in the dropbox when you complie/test the game, so would keeping the file names of the sound effects consistent when I upload them make programming easier? By this I mean removing the 'a3' and 'a5' parts of the WAV file names.

Take it easy ya'll!!!
    Mike
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:03 am

the filename really makes little difference but having a4 i have assumed that means attempt4 so it's useful to know which version we are using.
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Holidays took a toll on me too but im back at work i will post some updates by the end of next week.

Gimpin' ain't easy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content