Swipe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swipe Iphone Game Development Forum

2 posters

Particle Sprites and script animation

Twisted-Liquid

Particle Sprites and script animation Empty Particle Sprites and script animation

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:59 pm

I think we should take advanatges of the particles to avoid huge sprite files for things such as the glass shatter and meteor shower.

I want to create things like explosions with particles to avoid increase in file size. another item i wanted to include were homing beacons for check points and stage exits. I wanted to emmit a light out of these beacons and i think we could save a series of 10 to 15 sprites by creating this light source with particles. another cool effect could be lightning it should only come down about half way from the sky and stop shor of the city scape background. as wheels turn lets keep this optin open and try to save on image files.

I may even ask you to spin , shrink, turn, and grow certain items to avoid animation file sizes.
    Michael pw

Particle Sprites and script animation Empty Re: Particle Sprites and script animation

Post  Michael pw Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:11 pm

well all the effects so far are done with particles, that glass sprite is no longer needed, however particle code is extremely hard to make it look really nice, i cheat and use an editor but even so, those never give me exactly what i want...
    and particles use in-built sprites anyway :/
    Twisted-Liquid

Particle Sprites and script animation Empty Re: Particle Sprites and script animation

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Are you saying its not an effective way of saving on image files? keep cheating it works fine LOL
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:58 pm

No no no, it is an effective way, your supposed to use particles, all im saying is that the effects from particles are hard to make and i wanted effects like smoke with embers in it coming off fire, but all 3 of those effects i struggle to make.
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Well, like the sound effects we will go as far as we can then we can suppliment the rest with sprites but lets give them all a shot!
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:13 pm

you probably have a better eye at design than me, perhaps you would be able to make the effects, the program just generates 2 scripts, 1 for emitter and one for particle, if you are going to try, make sure you change the variables at the top to something like global.pt_firesystem and global.ptfirepart or whatever needs changing thanks, if that fails we will have to improvise...
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:15 pm

GIVE ME A DIRECT LINK TO THE PROGRAM YOU USE. THANKS
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:51 pm

eXCELLENT i'LL DOWNLOAD TONIGHT POSSIBLY MESS WITH IT TOMORROW OR THIS WEEKEND.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Ok great!
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:40 pm

hOW TO TEST THE PARTICLE SYSTEMS? I CREATED SOME CAN U MAKE A GMK WHERE I CAN LOAD DIFFERENT ONES?
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:45 pm

If u ave The code for them; The particle in The creare event and The emitter basically Goes on any evento, stop is a constant stream of it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content