Swipe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swipe Iphone Game Development Forum

2 posters

Last details for the design/business plan

Michael pw

Last details for the design/business plan Empty Last details for the design/business plan

Post  Michael pw Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:44 pm

We have the concept down, we have our roles assigned, we have a definite Artist. We have 2 definite programmers. We have a Composer.

right, Mike (composer) said he wants a 20% share (of our profit), here is some math i whipped up earlier.

game sold at: 59p
    AFTER APPLE (30%)

41p (70%)
    AFTER YYG(35%)
    20.5p

we need to make some agreements about this as it is quite a pressing matter which needs put down in writing.

so this is what i think should happen with the 20.5p per copy:

10% - Game Sauce (2p) goes towards advertising or development or funding a website.

20% Mike Aych (4p) ONLY if he contributes on the forums.

we have 70% of 20.5p left that's just under 15p/unit

with this it could be a threeway split, but it depends on Andrew and what he contributes. he has given alot to the core programming and physics but we he hasn't been on the forums much or maybe not at all... he has spoken to me over Msn a fair bit about the project though.

let's make it sound a bit better. 1,000,000 sales

total revenue: £590,000
    AFTER APPLE £410,000
    AFTER YYG £205,000

10% to game sauce (£20,000)
    20% to Mike Aych (£40,000)

£145,000 left Smile

if ever we got this lucky and sold a million units! it's worth being optimistic, i bet the people behind doodle jump never thought it would sell 5 odd million copies...

anyway even 1000 copies is still £5,900 total revenue which is still pretty good. if we only sell 10 copies that could be a let down but you never know. lol £5,90.

what are others views on this?

Twisted-Liquid

Last details for the design/business plan Empty Re: Last details for the design/business plan

Post  Twisted-Liquid Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:24 pm

ALL MEMEBERS SHOULD GET A FAIR SHARE AFTER ADVERTISING EXPENSES. ALL MEMEBERS ARE REQUIRED TO PULL THEIR WEIGHT. IT WOULD BE NICE IF EVERYONE HAD INPUT IN CREATIVE DESIGN AS YOU AND I ARE BUSTING OUR HEADS OVER IT. WE STILL HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO. FROM STAGE ELEMENTS, GUI CONTENT, STAGE DESIGN, STORY LINE, ETC. ONE PERSON MAY BE GETTING PAID FOR THEIR MAI TASK AS I AM FOR ART, BUT IF THERE IS A LACK OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CREATIVE ASPECT OF THE GAME AS A WHOLE, WE WILL NEED TO HIRE ANOTHER HEAD AND SPLIT THE FUNDS ONCE AGAIN! I HAVE A LOT TO DRAW AND I CAN'T CARRY ALL THIS WEIGHT MYSELF!
    Michael pw

Last details for the design/business plan Empty Re: Last details for the design/business plan

Post  Michael pw Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:32 pm

that's the point i was trying to make, that's why i only wanted to offer Mike a share if he puts in the effort to help with all these decisions and stuff.

i will tell Orange this just so he knows.
    and i have already told Mike, but it's all about whether it actually get's done. anyway for now im just finishing off the achievement code and then it's off to bed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content