Swipe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swipe Iphone Game Development Forum

2 posters

First Stages Preliminary Deadlines

Twisted-Liquid

First Stages Preliminary Deadlines Empty First Stages Preliminary Deadlines

Post  Twisted-Liquid Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 pm

In an effort to maintain pace. All graphics, music and sound effects for the tutorial stages must be completed by next friday Nov 19th in such a manner where a demo could be presented and a trailor could be developement to start promoting the game. No revisions to these stages should be planned after developing a demo, please consider any Ideas or changes for the following stages thereafter.

Please check the calendar for future deadlines.
    Michael pw

First Stages Preliminary Deadlines Empty Re: First Stages Preliminary Deadlines

Post  Michael pw Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Ok, one thing, i am going to have to change how the tutorial messages pop up. because execute string is too slow... we may have to make a separate object for each tutorial message as execute string just makes the game lag.
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Are you refering to using images? thats fine with me.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:44 pm

no not images, just we may need multiple objects. Im just stating a fact that i just found out and i now have to go and change some code :/
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Oh I see. Well if it helps the game run smoother i would say it is well worth it.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:47 pm

yeh, the only annoying thing is, now for achievements too i have to write out the same block for each achievement when before i could just have one block :/

oh well Razz

Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:48 pm

havnt seen it yet let think maybe i should look first?
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:49 pm

seen what? achievements?
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:50 pm

yea checking them out now
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:52 pm

i have already re-written the code anyway Razz just did it now, anyway im going to make the achievement box look nice now.
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:53 pm

couldnt find them anyway when do they show up?
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 pm

one shows up when you complete the tutorial. but i noticed on achievements.ini that the thing is set to 1, that showed me a glitch.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content