Swipe

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swipe Iphone Game Development Forum

3 posters

Music track 2

Michael pw

Music track 2 Empty Music track 2

Post  Michael pw Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:48 pm

That is sounding really good! i love it!! i think that work really welll with the gameplay!!

btw about sfx, the glass shattering one was really good anyway! so where the jumps, the only sfx we need now are explosions :/ and possible some others.
    Twisted-Liquid

Music track 2 Empty Re: Music track 2

Post  Twisted-Liquid Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Music is perfect for main menu thanks again mike. ooh SFX MPW and I always come across this problem LOL. well I guess we will have I can grab some from freesound and drop them into the credits. or like mike mentioned we may need to grab a SFX expert. hmm...

I also wanted to add a sound for the meteor hitting the ground as its a big deal because the screen shakes. I'll append it to the list.

I do believe the glass shatter could be tweaked a bit it does remind me more of coin bag dropping. none the less its better than anything i could do. Maybe I'll break my side window and record it LOL.

the rest of the sounds are excellent i like that bounce sound thats awesome. I say give all the SFX a try and whatever you don't succees in we can grab on freesound but lets give them all a shot before we give up. as for rev up it doesnt have to be realistic it can just be some kind of escalating sound. Do what you can with the difficult ones and we'll take it from there.

excellent work!
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:31 am

I strongly recommend getting a dedicated sound FXs guy on the team. A good sound effect takes a lot of work, and I don't posses the equipment needed to produce one.

Whats is the ultimate deadline for the music?
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:39 am

We haven't got a deadline for all the music , just music for he tutorial which we now have.

I hate to sound greedy but half my intension for this project was to make a little cash... We each will get around 6 to 8p each per sale, we would only make £8 each off 100 sales. I know your probably thinking that if it's that little, we might as well cut down more. We have a 4 man team, if wenare really amazingly lucky and sell 1000000 copies, we will get around 60000 each if we sell it at 59p of course these values rant finite but i really don want to hire someone else ATM. Our team is great as it stands, I don't want to take ruin it... Sorry. Btw finding someone to do revenue cut can be quite hard for sfx.
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:12 am

The request is taken into consideration thanks for that mike. I think we should ride it without a dedicated guy for the time being and see how things play along , the game is not huge, so the few SFX we do need we may be able to work around. I definately want to add a permanent SFX engineer to the mix, but all in due time. Like MPW says we don't want someone that brings drama and stirs things up. for the time being your doing a great job mike don't take the piss.

this is also a great opportunity to ask you if you would like to permanently be part of the team. your work is great and we could really use your talents for upcoming titles, and ultimately establish a stable and increasing income from these games. so what do you think are you in? please dont feel pressured take your time. this decision will not affect any agreements we have with this current project.

We are obviously just starting to build from the ground up so we would all have to be patient as the team grows into a working company.

Also to not stray away from the conversation too much lets keep an eye out for SFX engineers to consider.
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:07 am

I've uploaded a new and improved version of the tutorial music called 'Tutorial Music a4.mp3' This can be concidered the final version for now.

I'll do my best with the SFXs too!

I like the idea of generating a nice income from these games too, and I am interested in your offer! I've agreed to compose for a couple of other projects after this one is completed, so I'll get back to you when I'm done with them, if thats alright with you?
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:51 am

yah that's fine! if u still want to that it.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:51 am

oh btw, loving that music track!
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:22 pm

of course man I wouldn't expect anymore than that, just thought i would throw out those comments as soon as i had the opportunity take your time and if things dont work out, no hard feelings.

where are you from BTW?

im from US California.
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:04 pm

The music is not looping properly there is a hiccup before it plays again. is this a gm problem or looping problem? can we fix this? if we can't close the loop can we fade out and back in to make it smoother?
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:35 pm

1. it is a sound track problem, happens in any program

2. if it fades out, it'll have to be done on the file as fade out's in gm sound aweful.
    mike_aych

Post  mike_aych Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:50 am

Another option is to extend the song, and cut down on the number of songs we use. We could have two or three fairly long songs that are used on different stages, such as one for the bosses, one for the non-boss levels, and one for the infinite mode. Or, use one for levels 1-10, one for 11-20, one for infinite mode etc

I suppose the infinite mode should have a longer, more interesting piece of music, as I can imagine the stage will last longer than any other stage.

Just let me know what you'd like me to do Very Happy
    Twisted-Liquid

Post  Twisted-Liquid Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:32 am

I would rather have short distinctive pieces, when people hear the begining to the same song over and over again it could get annoying and seems a bit cheap. The key is to make these songs loopable without a hiccup interrupting the loop so that its seamless.

Boss stage songs should obviously be a bit louder and faster tempos.

lets start with 10 songs and we'll go from there each about a minute long.
    Michael pw

Post  Michael pw Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:05 pm

I agree, but looping is still crucial. Great work so far Mike!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:24 am